The Animal Neurology & Imaging Center (The ANIC) is a multi-state specialty clinic that provides advanced neurological diagnostics and sophisticated neurosurgeries for small animals.
Our clinic staff includes board-certified veterinary neurologists who offer a range of medical services to help pets get the specialized medical care they need and provide their owners with hope and peace of mind.
The ANIC clinical team are veterinary neurology specialists. In addition to the four-year training required to procure a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), the degree carried by all general practicing vets, veterinary neurologists also complete:
- One-year rotating internship
- Three-year neurology residency that includes a two-year rigorous examination process
Completion of these requirements leads to board certification by either the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) (sub-college Neurology) or the European College of Veterinary Neurology (ECVN).Meet Our Team
The ANIC is a state-of-the-art specialty clinic with the capacity to diagnose and treat small animals. Currently, most of our patients are dogs and cats. We have three locations, allowing us to serve pets in the greater Southwest region, including Arizona, New Mexico, southern Colorado, western Texas and Louisiana.View Locations & Contact
The ANIC offers the benefits of both advanced technology and experienced specialists to care for your pet. While we cannot promise miracles, we can promise the highest quality care for your furry family member. Whether you call The ANIC directly for a consultation or to schedule an appointment or are referred by your general or emergency vet, you can expect:
- Phone consultations with trained staff to assess your pet’s needs and provide any at-home or transportation care guidelines
- Same-day or next-day appointments, depending on urgency
- Thorough neurological examination to ascertain an accurate neuroanatomic diagnosis (i.e. a diagnosis that identifies what part of the nervous system is unhealthy)
- Advanced imaging diagnostics (MRI and/or CT) as needed
- Advanced critical care for unstable neurological patients that allows us to provide continuous monitoring of:
- Heart rate and rhythm
- Blood pressure
- TCO2 and other blood gases
- Superior client and referring veterinarian education to ensure both pet owner and your pet’s regular vet understand the neurological diagnosis, treatment options, care plans and prognosis
At The ANIC, we know that your pet is more than “just” a dog or cat—your pet is part of your family. At the same time, we understand that your pet’s medical care is not your only expense. We provide compassionate consultation to help you understand all treatment options and what that may entail in terms of daily pet care and financial costs. We accept a variety of payment methods, including all pet insurances and Care Credit.
Please explore our resources for pet owners and referring veterinarians and contact us anytime for emergency services.